Sunday, July 5, 2009

Next, Her Imagination will Head to Canada for Cheap Meds

It was a BEAUTIFUL July 4th weekend... with rare weather for this time of year: cool with low humidity. So we tried to be outside as much as possible.

As Daddy and I cleaned out the garage, Molly played inside her new cardboard castle, made from the boxes of all the stuff we bought at Lowe's this weekend...

"Mommy! Mommy, I need to tell you something!"

"Yes, sweetie."

"My heel hurts... so I'm going to see my doctor. My heel doctor. Doctor Katie. She's in Mexico."

"Mexico? Really? Why is your heel doctor in Mexico."

"Because that's where Dr. Katie is."

So as Molly skips off down the sidewalk, I'm left wondering three things:

1) Why Dr. Katie? Her doctors are all men... she only knows a couple Katies at school...
2) Why is Dr. Katie practicing in Mexico?
3) Why would you visit ANY doctor in Mexico? Even a fake heel doctor?

At this point, Molly comes limping back. Dr. Katie informed her, she tells me, that she has heel-i-titis.

"Do you know what heel-i-titis is, Mommy?"

"No, Molly. It sounds serious."

"Heel-i-titis is when your heel hurts for no reason and they can't do anything about it."

Sounds about right for a diagnosis from a doctor in Mexico...

No comments: