Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You Get What You Get... And You Still Got Upset

Luckily, Molly doesn't pitch too many fits. One of my favorite mommy lines is from Pinkalicious - "You get what you get and you don't get upset." Usually that works.

But not last night.

We varied from our routine and Rain Main went nuts.

Normally Daddy bounces Molly on her bed before bath. I played the role of bouncer last night since Daddy was finishing up something else. And I wasn't bouncing her high enough. So when I informed her it was time for bath, someone decided to throw an all-out tantrum.

So, I calmly informed her that bath needed to be done by 8:30 or there would be no story.

"But I NEEEEEEEEEED a story!!! " came the cry from the bedroom, followed by 10 minutes of, "I WAAAAANT a story. I NEEEEEED A STORY!!!!!"

So we quickly bathed her (much to her dismay) and put her in her pjs in between sobs. As I put her into bed, I pulled out my best mommy line yet:

"I really want to read you a story. But because you were throwing a fit, we've run out of time. I hope we can read a story tomorrow night. That's my favorite time of the day."

And after 10 minutes of sobbing (well, 10 minutes plus the previous 45 of fit-throwing), she fell asleep.

As far as ages go, two is easy, three is fun... and four is completely bi-polar.

No comments: