Monday, April 14, 2008

Things Molly Loves: Elephants

Molly - I don't remember quite how this great love of yours started. You really liked the elephants every time we went to the zoo. But the tipping point came last September 1st, when I picked you up from day care. You announced, "Mommy, do you know what I want to be for Halloween? An elephant." It was only September 1st - I figured you'd change your mind a few dozen times before Halloween.

I was wrong.

As we crept closer and closer to Halloween, you held on tight to your one and only costume choice. I crafted your costume myself, thanks to these instructions and a little ingenuity on my part. So while your friends at school were princesses, a bride, and other very girlie things, you were an elephant. And it was awesome.


So it's just taken off since there -- elephant books, elephant towels, a small herd of stuffed elephant friends (named after all the elephants at our zoo). And your first movie was (of course) about an elephant -- "Horton Hears a Who!" And what did you wear to the movie? Your elephant ears and your own Horton t-shirt Daddy and I made you. And over the weekend, you even made an elephant at Build-a-Bear (which they now conveniently have.) And for your birthday, you want to make a donation to The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee to help feed the elephants.
Why elephants? Who knows. How long will this last? I don't know. But you love your elephants. And we love you.




No comments: