Thursday, April 3, 2008

It Was Easier to Name My Daughter...

At long last, I have a blog. I finally can turn all those mental posts into real posts. I can finally stop joking about all my fake blogs... ok, well maybe not. Blog jokes always get a laugh. So, what took me so long? Finding a brilliant blog name... and one that wasn't taken! (I was really bummed to learn that Tsu-mami was already a roller derbry queen. Oh well.) My poor friend Jilt (http://www.parentville.blogspot.com) humored me as I kept brainstorming -- then discarding -- names over the past year. And how could I ever top www.mamalogues.com -- brilliant name, brilliantly written. I was paralyzed by blog envy.

Anyway, now that Tete a Tot hit me, why am I starting it? The primary reason is to capture all the crazy, wacky, endearing, and interesting converstations I have with my daughter, Molly. She's 3-1/2 going on 32. And the stuff that comes out of her mouth makes me laugh, makes me proud, and (sometimes) makes me cry. She is such a neat little person -- and I want to capture all of her special moments in any way that I can. Also, I love the thought of becoming a member of the mommy blogger world - and the amazing support and power that represents.

So Molly -- this blog is for you. But it's for me, too. And for those of you who happen upon this, welcome!

2 comments:

Jilt said...

FINALLY! Welcome!

mherr said...

This is wonderful and combines all of your loves: Molly (of course), Aaron (as Daddy), organization, pictures, funny stories, honoring and preserving memories, and grammar. I love it and look forward to reading more. I also appreciate that you refer to yourself as a working mother with no comment or value judgement--as a circumstance of your life. Thank you!