Monday, May 19, 2008

Tete a Tot: Mommy School

Originally written: April 20, 2008


Since we’re finally enjoying real spring weather (and not buckets of RAIN), Molly and I have been enjoying playing outside after school. This usually involves having a snack sitting on our driveway, visiting with neighbors or waving as they drive by. Usually, we have to take at least one “friend” with us – and most times, it’s at least five. On this night, Molly had Humphrey, her favorite little elephant. She was swaddling him and cradling him like a real pro.

When we came in to get dinner ready, she told me, “I’m a really good mommy.”

“Yes you are,” I replied.

“When I get big, I’m going to go to mommy school.”

“Really? What kind of things do you learn at mommy school?”

“How to take care of my kids. How to go to the hospital to grow them and take care of them. And how to cook the food.”

"Wow, that's a lot to learn."

"Yes. But I'm going to do a good job at mommy school - just like you, Mommy."

And it doesn't get better than that.

No comments: