Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End"


Molly -

Today was your last day at your preschool -- your home away from home for the last three years. Check that -- our home away from home for the past three years.

We were so very lucky to find this fabulous little school just a mile or so down the road from our house. You started there just after you turned two. I remember - we thought you were such a big girl that day.
And then we blinked.
And now you're five.
This little school -- and all the WONDERFUL teachers there -- has transformed our little toddler into an amazing little girl. Your teachers nourtured you (and coached Daddy and me) through every developmental milestone -- from potty training to just being four. They embraced you and always cared so genuinely for you. (I'm also convinced they would call you down to the office to catch up on the latest "American Idol" scoop...)
This little school offered us our first introduction to play dates. And in the process of you making friends, Daddy and I made friends. We found and created a support network that I don't know what we'd do without.
They say it takes a village to raise a child. Well, my dearest Molly -- your little school will always be where we started our village.
It was so hard to take you for the last time today. And as hard as it was for me, it was that hard for the teachers, owner, and director too. But they know they've given you wings -- and they are so thrilled to see you fly. Check that -- to see you soar.
There will be so many transitions in your life, Molly. I can only hope that you handle each one with grace and strength. It's hard to make a change. But always remember -- you take a piece of each experience with you in your heart. And that includes all the wonderful people you meet along the way.
It's time, my little butterfly, to stretch your wings... and fly to your new home away from home. And start your NEW adventure.
I love you, peanut.
All my love,
Mommy

No comments: