Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Season Part Three - FIVE-A-PALOOZA!


After months of planning by the mommies, it was finally here...




FIVE-A-PALOOZA!!!!!










The big birthday bash for Molly and her four friends who all turned five this summer. I have to say, it was the easiest party ever -- Ellie's mom reserved the rec center (with its GREAT indoor pool), Abby's mom made the goodie bags, Isabella's mom brought the water, the other Ellie's mom got the stuff to make candy necklaces (a.k.a. crafty distraction before the pizzas arrived) and booked our sitter/helper, and I made a sign for each of the girls, like this:

















(Yes, I made likenesses of each of the girls with the Paper Doll cartridge on my Cricut machine. I LOVE my Cricut machine... and I spent lots of time crafting their hairstyles to match the real girls... but I digress...)


I also called KidSmart -- the charity we're donating to. All the mommies agreed that our girls are very blessed and don't need any presents. Also, we didn't want the parents to feel like they had to go out and buy five presents for one party... so, since all the girls are starting Kindergarten, we had a school supplies drive.


The party was so much fun -- very sweet kids from the girls' school and their cool parents. Most everyone got in the water and played. It was a fantastic day.



Happy birthday, Fab Five!






























No comments: