Monday, March 23, 2009

Meet Mandy and Jenny


After our pilgrimmage to American Girl, Molly has been rather obsessed with getting a Molly doll.

Since I'm a mean, horrible mommy and think that a $100 doll is not really the most appropriate toy for a 4-1/2 year old, I've tried to come up with an alternative.
Enter Mandy and Jenny.
Mandy and Jenny were my two most favorite dolls growing up. I took Many everywhere. My mom sewed a ton of clothes for them both - including super cool sleeping bags! And when I hit the age of "I'm too old for dolls," my mom lovingly packed them away.
Fast-forward to two weeks ago. After the 15th chorus of "I REALLY want a Molly doll!" I took Molly downstairs for the big unveiling. As Molly watched with great anticipation as I lifted down the box and removed the lid. The look on her face was like Christmas day - hands clasped at her chest... "Oh, Mommy - were these your dollies? What are their names?"
After we looked at all their clothes, we got them dressed - then Molly introduced them to all her other friends: the elephant herd, Dolly, Baby Maddie, Chompers, Panda... the whole crew. It was too sweet.
And it's so much fun to play dolls with her - remembering how much fun I had with them... seeing how much fun she's having with them now.

No comments: