Sunday, March 22, 2009

227 Down... 20 To Go...

Molly,

Before you were born, I decided that I wanted to change my work schedule. My job is a full-time, 50+ hours a week commitment. And with Daddy's travel schedule and no relatives in town, I knew something had to give. I also knew that I wanted to -- needed to -- spend as much time with you as I possibly could.

Thus, Mommy and Molly Fridays were born.

Hard to believe we've been doing this for almost five years. We've had about 227 Mommy and Molly Fridays (give or take a few)... and we only have about 20 left before you start Kindergarten.

It's like I blinked... and now you're almost five. Wow - other parents always warned us how quickly it all goes. Now, Daddy and I are the ones warning expectant parents.

For the first two years of Mommy and Molly Fridays, we'd hang out, play, have lunch on the deck (in nice weather)... then we expanded into playdates with friends who were having their own Mommy Fridays. Sometimes Daddy would take the day off, or Grandma and Grandpa/Papa & Grandma would come to town -- and we'd say, "It's Molly and Mommy Day, with special guest star... Daddy!" (or whoever was visiting.) Then we branched into Ballet and Pancakes Fridays.

About a week ago, as I was recounting the adventures of our day together, Daddy observed, "So, you only have like 20 left, right? Before she starts school?"

And I started to cry.

He was right - there are now exactly 20 Mommy and Molly Fridays left. So, I promise to make the most out of every last one.

Luckily, we had a FANTASTIC Friday this week -- ballet, Panera (a new choice you and Abby started last week), then off to a local park with Abby, Ellie, their moms, and a few other friends. There was a puppet show... but Mommy forgot it was Spring Break and didn't get tickets in advance. But you saw the world's BEST playground and immediately forgot all about it. We also rode the carousel with all your friends. After a quick snack (thanks to Ellie and Abby's moms), we took off for lunch with Daddy at Steak 'n Shake.

We both took a FANTASTIC nap... then you were invited to go with other Ellie and her family to a fish fry (your first!) and swimming at the Rec Center.

Seriously, this had to have been the best Friday EVER.
And we'll make the next 20 ones to remember too.
I love you, peanut. And I've loved our special Fridays.
All my love,
Mommy










No comments: