Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Texts to Daddy

While we were on our trip to Chicago over the weekend, Aaron had to venture down to Texas on a business trip. While we were sitting on the train, I was sending a text to Uncle Paul, letting him know what time we were going to arrive.

“Mommy, I want to send Daddy a message.”

“Ok, Molly, want do you want to tell Daddy?”

“Oh, I’ll type it…”

You proceed to type: “Mollydadmom,” then hand the phone back to me and say, “I tell you what else I want to say and you can type it.”


So here’s what you dictated, exactly word-for-word:

Dear Daddy, I hope you come back from Texas soon. I’m having a good time in Chicago. I love you so much that I’m almost going to cry. Love, Molly.

During the return trip on Sunday, the texter strikes again. “Mommy, I want to send Daddy another text.” Again, as dictated to me: Dead Daddy, How are you feeling? We’re coming home on the train. I can see mommy’s work. Love you – bye! Love, Molly.

Yes, you absolutely melted Daddy's heart in 160 characters or less. And yes, the pony is on order.

No comments: