Saturday, February 14, 2009

Molly-isms

So, it seems that kids have a language all their own... and it's up to the parents to serve as linguists and figure out what the heck they are talking about. Then, we serve as interpreters so the rest of the world knows what the heck they are talking about. Perfect example, when a friend's son asked her to make hobo toast (which is quite delicious, by the way).

Here now are some recent Molly-isms:

- Coaches:
Example - "Mommy, I want to wear a shirt with coaches on the sleeves."
Translation - This one was fairly easy since Molly helped explain it. "You know, sleeves like Cinderella's coach." Ok, so short, poofy sleeves.

- Ballet Bows:
Example - (as I was tying her new tennis shoes, her first pair of tie shoes) "No, Mommy. I want you to tie them like Ballet Bows."
Translation - This one took awhile. I kept saying, "But these are bows." And each time the reply was, "No, BALLET bows." Luckily, Super Aunt Lois was in town and stepped in. "I can tie ballet bows." She simply double-tied them and voila -- Molly looked at me and said, "See, Mommy, THESE are ballet bows."

- Fluffed-Up Pony:
Example - "Mommy, can you make my pony fluffed up this morning for ballet?"
Translation - Make my pony tail as curly and fluffy as you can. Luckily, with Molly's hair, this is an extremely easy request.

No comments: