Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

My sweetest Molly,

You had quite the pre-Valentine's Day yesterday. You had your party at school and came home with a shoebox FULL of candy.

After nap, we baked heart-shaped cupcakes -- and you did a fantastic job of helping pour the batter into the little cups! I kept reminding myself to let you try it by yourself... and you really did a great job. And you were so proud of yourself, too.
Then Daddy came home from work. He called you outside, so I knew you two were up to something. You came back in together with a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of pink roses, cheering "Happy Valentine's Day, Mommy!" Daddy told me that the flowers were all your idea -- that the other night, you whispered in his ear, "Let's get Mommy flowers for Valentine's Day. She'll love them!" That made Daddy and I both tear up. Your thoughtfulness and caring amaze us every day. We only hope we can continue to foster these beautiful traits and that they never leave you.
We love you so much, Peanut. Happy Valentine's Day!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: