Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Barack Obama Day!

My dearest Molly,

It's almost like you knew how historical today was. You picked out a red, white, and blue outfit yesterday to wear special today... you told me that you and your class were going to sing the National Anthem today... and you asked to watch the news so you could see what happened today.

Daddy and I are saving newspapers and magazines for you of the day's events... and I'm sure all the footage will be online for all posterity... but the energy of today was palpable. I could feel it at work. You could sense it in others. People were celebrating today. I can't say that I've seen this much excitement or interest in government in my entire life.

It's morning again in America. There's much work to be done and it won't be easy... but there's a smart man to lead us. And that gives us hope. And that makes me proud.

God bless the Obama family. I love you, Peanut.

Love, Mommy





No comments: