Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Molly-ism: "Food To Try"

So, I needed to go to the grocery store the other night. And I thought, "Well, I get Molly from school, then swing by the store, and we'll zip in and out."

There was no zipping.

I don't know if it's because you're four now, or if you were just in a mood, or if you'd mainlined sugar at school for snack, but you were en fuego. Everything you saw, you wanted -- cookies, loaves of bread, a whole chicken, any food product with any licensed character on it. (And can someone please explain to me why Spongebob Squarepants is on packs of carrots? I mean, aside from the fact that Molly now wants those specific packs of carrots...)

You also were on the hunt for "the ladies." "Mommy, where are the ladies?" you asked.

"What ladies?"

"You know, the ladies... the little old ladies with food to try? I want some food to try..."

Unfortunately, our local grocery store on a rainy Thursday at 4:30 p.m. doesn't compare to the throngs of samplers at Costco on a Saturday morning.

No comments: