Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Do I Make You Proud?



(Nothing like a little Taylor Hicks reference to kick off our post...)

Your teachers in your new pre-K room at school do a fantastic job of writing at least one comment a day on your daily sheet about a little something you did or said. The very first comment on your first day was, "Molly is so polite." I teared up at this. (But, as Daddy says, getting me to cry isn't all that hard.)

Other comments that we've enjoyed:

"Molly likes to help her friends."

"Molly has an infectious laugh."

"Molly really enjoys taking care of the babies."

"Molly LOVES to paint on the easel."

Ms. Sofi also writes, "Molly ate all her lunch." This then became, "Molly ate all her lunch - twice." Then, "Molly ate two lunches." Well - I guess we hit a growth spurt, because you were bellying up for seconds all week. (We were afraid of a meal surcharge - but the owner told us that doesn't kick in until you ask for thirds!)

The one comment that we hear over and over -- and that gets Daddy and me every time -- is how polite you are. All of your teachers tell us this, grandmas and grandpas tell us this, and our friends and the parents of your friends tell us this too. Nothing could make me P R O U D E R as your mommy than to hear this. I only hope this is one trait that never changes.

Love you, Peanut.

No comments: