Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

The Kindergarten teachers at Molly's new school had a great idea -- to host a Kindergarten Boot Camp for parents at the end of May. The goal - to get us mentally and emotially ready for the big new adventure this fall.
It was a great idea and really well done. The teachers gave me some great ideas on things to work on between now and August to get Molly ready -- things like writing her name in upper and lower case... things to talk her through like the whole cafeteria process/experience... etc. I am really getting excited.

One of the things they gave us was the supplies list. And I L O V E school supplies. And I really love my Cricut machine.

So... take an old Rubbermaid tote:




Tape the supplies list on the inside...
Then spend a hour cutting away on my Cricut... and voila!
I figure that as we collect supplies for Kindergarten, we'll put them in the bin - then cart the bin to school on Kindergarten Orientation night.
Hopefully, this helps both of us get ready for Kindergarten...

No comments: